So, instead of telling you about how I skipped golf after work, came home and wallowed on the couch for a few hours before peeling myself up... I will tell you about some things I am grateful for today that helped me re-focus and hopefully get me over this bump in the road.
- Watching Pog get her "cone of shame" off her head and do a happy dance. She's had this thing on for about a week after we had a few cysts removed from her eyelid.
- The Wailin Jennys, one of my favorite chicky-folky bands. The perfect song for day is called "Begin" (see below). It's a song about letting go, a lesson we could all use, right?
- My good friends, especially those who know how this feels and really truly understand. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for all of your support and comments yesterday. They mean the WORLD to me.
- Being called a Warrior by a few of my friends. We are all warriors... fertility warriors. And to battle we go, each and every day, until we have won, with our baby in arms. It makes me think of that awesome Pat Benatar song... I'll have to post that one another time.
- Cooking a yummy meal of zucchini risotto. It turned out so well! (Thanks KV, for making this for me last weekend. I had to try my hand at it. I think I like the shallots better than onions)
- A big hug from Tidy.
- Getting some good feedback from my boss at work today.