Sunday, August 21, 2011

It's ICLW time again!

(This is somewhat of a re-post of July's ICLW welcome that hardly anyone read because I goofed when I signed up for it, so forgive me if it might sound a bit familiar)

It's been a few months since I've participated in ICLW and I must admit, the last few months when I didn't participate, I felt a bit lonely in blog world! So I'm excited to be back and hopefully gain some new readership. And I did try to participate in it LAST month, but I made a mistake and put a link to my  OLD blog, so new readers couldn't find me. Silly me.

For those of you who are newer to the infertility blogging world, a bit of info on what ICLW is can be found here.

This is an exciting time for Tidy and I. We are right in the midst of our first DE IVF cycle. Dotty (the nick-name we have given to our anonymous egg donor, which stands for Donor for Tippy and Tidy) started her stims this past Friday. This is a whole new world for us. One that we are both scared and hopeful for. If any of you have happened along my blog specifically because of donor eggs, welcome! I hope to shed some light on this process and share my journey along this new and hopefully short path.
For those of you who have been with me for a while, I do cherish your readership and your comments. They mean so much to me!

So, without further ado, here's a quick get to know me from the fertility point of view if you are new here:

  1. Tidy and I have been ttc for 4.5 years next month (that amounts to over 50 attempts to have a baby)
  2. We've had all the testing there is to test: HSG, SHG, every hormone under the sun, Laparoscopy, Immune panels, blood clotting panels.. you name it, we've done it. I promise!
  3. We've done 5 IUIs, 4 IVFs (4 Fresh transfers, 2 Frozen), TONS of herbs, acupuncture, diet changes (gluten free, vegan-ish, organic), yoga, guided meditation..
  4. Of the above treatments, we've had only 2 confirmed chemical pregnancies.
  5. We STILL really don't know if anything is technically wrong.

We needed some new hope, so we decided to buy a 26 yr old woman's eggs in order of having a much higher chance at a pregnancy. Yes, that is a fairly blunt way to describe our next steps, but in essence, that's what we are doing... And for the first time in my life, I have now become protective of some other woman's ovaries. It's a very strange feeling.

So please join me, Tidy and our anonymous donor, Dotty, and follow along as we venture into this new world of DE IVF.

Thanks for your comments in advance.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope your DE cycle brings you success! Good Luck!

Krissi said...

Wow! That sounds so exciting! I am stopping by from ICLW! Good luck with this cycle! ;-)

Sarah said...

Best wishes to you. We don't have the same struggles but sharing honest stories is something we do have in common. What you are doing is a gift to others!

Hilary said...

good luck on your journey!

Just saying "hi" from ICLW

Also, I have a GIVEAWAY on my blog... Please check it out if you are interested....

Anonymous said...

I love that you're protective over another woman's ovaries. Hahaha! I wonder what Dotty thinks of that?

Anna said...

Wow. What a journey you've been on! Thanks for sharing your story with others so we might feel understood and/or more informed.

Super blog! Happy ICLW!