This is, afterall, my first ICLW since we've decided to proceed to donor eggs in order to fulfill our dream of children (heck, I'll take just one at this rate!!) So if any of you have happened along my blog specifically because of donor eggs, welcome! I hope to shed some light on this process and share my journey along this new and hopefully short path for Tidy and me.
For those of you who have been with me for a while, I do cherish your readership and your comments. They mean so much to me!
So, without further ado, here's a quick get to know me from the fertility point of view if you are new here:
- Tidy and I have been ttc for 4.5 years next month (that amounts to over 50 attempts to have a baby)
- We've had all the testing there is to test: HSG, SHG, every hormone under the sun, Laparoscopy, Immune panels, blood clotting panels.. you name it, we've done it. I promise!
- We've done 5 IUIs, 4 IVFs (4 Fresh transfers, 2 Frozen), TONS of herbs, acupuncture, diet changes (gluten free, vegan-ish, organic), yoga, guided meditation..
- Of the above treatments, we've had only 2 confirmed chemical pregnancies.
- We STILL really don't know if anything is technically wrong.
We needed some new hope, so we decided to buy a 26 yr old woman's eggs in order of having a much higher chance at a pregnancy. Yes, that is a fairly blunt way to describe our next steps, but in essence, that's what we are doing... And for the first time in my life, I have now become protective of some other woman's ovaries. It's a very strange feeling.
So please join me, Tidy and our anonymous donor, Dotty, and follow along as we venture into this new world of DE IVF.
Thanks for your comments in advance.