Friday, March 23, 2012

Another Sneak Peek

Another peek inside revealed two perfectly growing babies. They are both measuring very close together, which is what we are aiming for right now. One is at 2lbs, 2 oz and the other at 2 lbs, 4oz (I can't remember which is which). But that puts them both in the 46th percentile for their weight and gestational age... just perfect, in my opinion!

Here are the latest, greatest ultrasound pictures, although I should say that they are a bit harder to make out than last month. I think that as the room gets tighter, there are more things in the way, for example their siblings foot, or butt. And they were squirming around so much in there that it was hard to get a good still picture.

Here is Twin A with his/her left fist up near the left eye. It's somewhere between a profile and a full frontal face view. Also in this picture is Twin B's shin... but that's harder to distinguish from all of the other stuff going on in there.


Here is Twin B's profile. This little one was very hard to capture since most of the time it was laying with it's back to us. But we did get a pretty good shot of his/her right profile. I think there's a fist in there too.


As they moved around in there, you could see them sucking in the amniotic fluid and nudging each other, maybe saying hello, or jockeying for more space. I just hope that they are becoming friends in there and not getting frustrated as the space gets smaller.

-------------------


And now, the stats:

Status: 26w1d

Weight Gain: Will weigh in again in early April.

Symptoms:  Nothing really different from last week, although I am a bit itchy. I heard that as your belly stretches, it becomes itchy and for some reason, I expected this to be more lower on my belly, but the itch seems mostly to happen up at the top, near where I imagine my diaphragm to be. I found this great little product made locally that seems to help with the itch. 

Cravings: None to speak of

Aversions: None to speak of

Exercise:  With a busy weekend traveling and "showering", I was back to only 2 days this week. I did spend a good 2 hours in heels on Saturday walking around at my shower, can I count that? Monday 45 min pre-natal yoga in a new studio! (WAY better than my current series. I'll try to post about that one in the near future).  Wednesday: 1 hr prenatal yoga. I'm on spring break this coming week, so I'm going to aim back to that 4 day a week!

Best Moment of the Week: My beautiful shower, which I wrote about in the last post. And then second to that was our ultrasound yesterday. It brings tears to my eyes to see those little dudes

What I Look Forward to: Getting the nursery painted this week. Tidy has spring break this coming week so I took the week off as well. I will still have to do some emailing to keep up on, but I can spend the majority of the week getting some projects finished at the house. Also, Tidy and I are going to take a night getaway at a spa near by for a little R&R. My back is in definite need of another massage!!

2 comments:

LisaB/lisabttc said...

Awwww they are so cute! And getting big! Yay! And it sounds like you have lots of good things to look forward to! <3

Glitterandrainbows1 said...

Aww, thanks for sharing the pictures! I so glad your pregnancy is going well.