Saturday, February 25, 2012

Dear Babies

We got to see you again yesterday. It's so mind blowing every time we take a peek and see you both thriving inside me. You squirm around and hide from the camera here and there. You change positions and on your stronger movements, I can feel you nudging me. This is one of the most amazing things I have ever had the privilege of doing with my body and I am trying very hard to give you all that you need while you are here.

Here you both are at 22w1d.


There's so much more definition in your faces now. I stare at them and wonder if you are a boy or a girl, what color your hair is, your eyes... I wonder what your personalities are like and how we are going to figure out how to care for you when you enter the world. But most of all, I just can't wait to hold you, comfort you, feed you and get to know you. Tidy and I are so very much in love with you.

He left town this weekend to visit with his family. His brother's birthday is soon and he wanted to have some time to hang out with them. He left a bit after we had our ultrasound and after about an hour into his drive he called me and said how very much he missed you already...

You both have made such a huge impact on our lives in these past 22 weeks ... I can't even begin to imagine how much you are going to change our lives going forward.

Grateful that you are here, loving you more than you will ever know,

Mom & Dad
-------------------

And now, the stats:

Status: 22w2d

Weight Gain: I won't weigh in again until about 24 weeks.

Symptoms: Daily movement is still there, and a few aches and pains in my back by the end of the day. I'm so grateful that up to now, I haven't had that much discomfort. I did go for a pregnancy massage on Wednesday and it was fantastic! I'm going to try to stick with at least one a month to help with the tight back.

Cravings: None to speak of

Aversions: Again, none to speak of

Exercise: Back at it this week! Yay! Monday: 60 min spinning class, Wednesday: 45 min lunchtime yoga and 1 hr prenatal yoga. Thursday: 15 min walk with the dog. This week goal - I am getting back in the pool.

Best Moment of the Week: Tidy did get a chance to feel a little kick, just once, and the look on his face was just a split second, but so precious.

What I Look Forward to: Getting the work done on the baby room so we can paint!

3 comments:

Gurlee said...

Wow, how incredible! I am so, so glad that things are going great! Enjoy your time sans hubby, it might be your last opportunity for alone time in a long while :)

TheThirtiesGirl said...

Wow, those pictures are crazy! Glad things are going well.

LisaB/lisabttc said...

Aww! That is so sweet! The pics are too cute!
I can't remember if I told you, but I went private. If you email me, I can add you baby4lisa@gmail.com

Wishing you well!