We recieved our 12 page contract yesterday from my clinic's lawyers to review. The first two pages are basically one long-ass run on sentence, broken up by the words, 'and' and 'WHEREAS' explaining all of the interested parties and the situation occurring and the intent of the parties. For all you legal people out there, why do you have to write so strange?
So here are some updates, strung together by 'ands and WHEREASs' in honor of the legal agreement we hope to sign soon:
- I got my period today, so we start birth control. In a perfect world (and we all know how perfect the world really IS...) I could be transferring embryos back into me in about 8 weeks. Let's hope the stars align and we get to that place with this... and
- WHEREAS, I've decided on a nickname for our Donor. Thanks everyone who gave me their wonderful suggestions. They all were creative, but my favorite was Dotty (Donor for Tippy and Tidy!!). Thanks Jana!!! I love it... and
- WHEREAS, So, no time like the present to start using it. Dotty had her psych consult last Friday. Verbally sounds like things went well. My clinic is now just waiting for the written report from the shrink... and
- WHEREAS, it looks like I may need to get another infections disease tests done: HIV, Hep, STDs... gotta love all the blood I've given over the past few years, huh? Who knew my veins would be tapped ever few months for FOUR PLUS YEARS! The last screening we did was July 1st of 2010 and I think the FDA requires it be a year from the date of something... baseline, transfer? I dont' know which, but regardless, it will likely be just expired when we get to that point. Perfect... and
- WHEREAS, Tidy is done with his teaching gig or for the school year starting FRIDAY! He's SOOO happy and so am I. It means we will get some projects done on the yard soon. Yeah! (Oh, I said we... I mean HE)... and
- WHEREAS, Tidy and I got "road trip fever" the other day when we were in the car, so I took some vacation time in a few weeks and we are heading west to the Rockies to commune with the nature and good beer (we'll be stopping by some breweries on our way). I can't wait. I'm SOOO craving some mountains and camping and good beer (especially after my cleanse). Good times.